Saturday 28 February 2015

Stir-fried pork and kimuchi

豚キムチ

Kimuchi -- a traditional Asian (Korean) dish made from fermented Chinese cabbage has become popular in Norway in recent years. 
I saw even the recipes for kimuchi in food magazines and news papers in Norway, as I understood, some people started making own kimuchi at home!
Kimuchi and Korean food are very popular where I come from, too.
We eat Kimuchi as it is but also add to savoury pancakes, dumplings…etc.
I´ve got very good kimuchi from a friend, spicy and just rightly fermented (a bit sour), so I made my favourite dish buta-kimuchi (pork and kimuchi).
Enjoy with freshly cooked rice!


Serves 4

200g kimuchi
200g shredded pork (I bought strumpet svinekjøtt at Meny)
1 sliced small onion
1 tbs/ss sesame oil
1ts soya sauce
Salt & pepper
1 tbs/ss chopped spring onion (optional)

1 Coat the bottom of a frying pan with the sesame oil and sauté the pork.
When it coloured add the onion until it becomes soft.
Add the kimuchi and sauté for few minutes.
Season with the soya sauce, salt and pepper.
Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with the spring onion.  Serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment